Life is full of events. Big ones and little ones, and as a former teacher, August and September always was and always will be A Great Event. It doesn’t surprise me that I still run on a teacher calendarI’m guessing most people who spent about 12+ years in school might feel the same way. – August signals the end of something and the beginning of another.
We all know that the end of summer doesn’t mean the end of keeping your life full, taking care of yourself, and spending time with others – or spending time alone regrouping.
It’s a refreshing, changing time that brings new beginnings and their possibilities. That’s what I love about it.
Great events for an end-of-summer weekend and a fun fall getaway? New beginnings and celebrations? Here are a few things going on in the area to help you enjoy the beautiful weather. Enjoy it all.
- Sept. 1-3: Long’s Park Art Festival Over 200 American artists from over 30 states. Music, food, wine and craft beer. Admission fee.
- Sept. 1-4: Tanger Outlet Grand Opening Expansion. Over 25 new stores. Demonstrations, prizes, music, give-aways.
- Sept. 1 AND 15: Ghost Tour Bube’s Brewery. Have dinner in one of their 3 restaurants, stay for the ghost tour and live music. Admission fee for tour.
- Sept. 2-4: Hospice Labor Day Auction Quilts, fine art, sports memorabilia. Benefits Hospice.
- Sept 4 AND Saturdays & Sundays: Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire Food, contests, shows, jousts, participatory contests, events. Dress in costume or go as a civilian. Continuing through October. Admission Fee.
- Sept 7: Meet the famous Clydesdale Horses. Mount Joy 4-7 pm for a Main Street parade and pub crawl. Stay at the Inn get 10% off your 1-night stay, 15% off two nights. Watch the parade from our Grand Balcony.
- Sept 9 AND 30: Full Moon Tour at the Wolf Sanctuary. Entertainment, bonfire (bring marshmallows!), self-guided tour. Admission Fee.
- Sept. 9 – October: Field of Screams Scary stuff and horrifying attractions. Check calendar for various dates. Admission fee.
- Sept. 15 – October: Oregon Dairy Corn Maze opens. Food, games, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin skee ball, food trucks, exhibits. Admission fee.
- Sept 16: Wool Frolic at Landis Valley Museum. Exhibits, fiber vendors, demos, dying, knitting, crocheting, spinning,weaving. Admission Fee.
- Sept. 22: Blues, Brews, and Barbecues. Fourth Friday in Mount Joy for music, beer and great food. Stay at the Inn and get 10% off for your one-night Friday stay, 15% off a two-night stay.
- Sept. 28 – Oct. 1: Antiques Extravaganza Weekend at Adamstown. Antique shops, outdoor markets, specials, and thousands of dealers extended hours.
- Tuesdays – Saturdays: Jonah, live theater, Tuesdays through Saturdays at Sight and Sound Theater. Tickets in advance. Continuing through October.
- Wednesdays: Fall craft classes at Crafter Hours, right across from the Inn. Fee for projects.
- Friday Nights: Wine By the Vine Music, food, and fun at the beautiful Vineyards at Grandview. Admission fee. Continuing through October.
- Fridays & Saturdays: Lancaster County Culinary Tours Lancaster City and Litiz. Guided tour with local recipes and tastes from around the world. Admission fee.
- Sunday – Saturday: Quilt Corn Maze 2.5 acres at Amish Farm and House. Admission fee. Continuing through October.
- Saturday & Sunday: Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire with themed weekends. Admission fee. Continuing through October.
If you need more help planning, give me a call at 717-653-4525 or email me at nancy@oldesquare inn.com. I’m happy to help you celebrate your events or help you plan your get away.