Summer’s over, school’s under way, and now you’re looking for something to do to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Pick an activity or two, then after your adventure, cozy up in your room at the Inn and wake up to a delicious, home-made, three-course breakfast in the morning! Take a look at these great offerings.
- October 2, 9, 16, 23 – Bube’s Brewery Ghost Tour: Are you a believer in dimensions that exist beyond our finite senses? Confirmed by SyFy’s Ghosthunters, the Brewery is filled with paranormal activity. Come and see for yourself!
- October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 – Free Music Fridays at The Vineyards at Grandview. Step into the Vineyard and join your friends for Free Music Fridays in October. They’re extending music on the deck as long as the weather holds and will move into the winery in case of rain or cold. Check it out AND try some great wines while you’re there.
- October 3 – Bridge Bust in Columbia: Over 300 vendors will offer their wares in the categories of antiques, art, crafts, food and unique items in this popular event. And – get this – it’s all on a bridge!
- October 8-24 – Best Kept Secrets Tour: An unusual shopping/food and fun adventure featuring 37 off-the-beaten path businesses, hand-picked for their uniqueness. The stores are all around the county, but several are right here in Mount Joy for a great starting point for your shopping.
- October 10 & 11 – Harvest Days at Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum: Come for demonstrations, exhibits, live music and activities, as well as horse-drawn wagon rides and a children’s discovery tent. Watch apples become apple butter and taste a cider float with fresh-churned ice cream, or see wool go from sheep to shawl.
- October 10-11, 17-18, 24-25 – Halloween Daze and Spooky Knights at the PA Ren Faire: Three weekends of mystery and mayhem kick off the weekend as spooky creatures of every variety haunt the Shire. Many events, contests, and tastings!
- October 22 – Crafter Hours Haunted Paint Night: Painting party guests will gather at Olde Square Inn for an after-party with Howard and Annie Longenecker, the original owners of the home, which was built in 1917. Stay at the Inn October 22 and receive a $20 voucher off Crafter Hours event for that evening.
- October 24 – Full Moon Tour at the Wolf Sanctuary: Rather than a guided tour, you get to experience the sanctuary at your own pace. Walk from pack to pack, talking to tour guides stationed at each wolf pack. If you get tired, you can sit next to the bonfire (weather permitting) and just relax. Bring a blanket, a flashlight, a chair, maybe some hot dogs and marshmallows.
- Through October 31 – Taste of Amish Country Dinner Tours: Enjoy an evening in the Amish countryside. Leaving from The Amish Farm and House, their minibus will take you on a guided tour through the backroads of Lancaster County. Along your trip, your guide will stop at some Amish businesses and then for dinner. Included in your ticket price is a meal at a locally-owned restaurant with an exclusively Amish staff.
- Through October 31 – Lancaster City Ghost Tours: Reserve a spot to join a candlelight walking tour through the city nightly at 8pm and explore the long-forgotten mysteries of one of America’s oldest cities, with haunting tales of otherworldly vigils, fatal curses, and star-crossed lovers.
You know you need a night out. Give us a call at 717.653.4525 to book a room, or you can reserve directly through our website.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon. No tricks – it’s all a treat!