Any plans for the weekend yet? I wanted to give you a head’s up on what’s happening in Mount Joy this Friday and Saturday. Movies, food, cars, awards, live music, remote-control stuff…good times! All events are free for spectators.
Friday, July 22, 2016
Enjoy dinner downtown, do a little shopping, then head to Mount Joy Memorial Park at dusk to watch “Grease” for Movie in the Park night. They’ll even have a concession stand selling refreshments!
Saturday, July 23, 2016
The Eighth Annual Cruising’ Cuisine – Taste of Mount Joy will be held from 11am to 3pm on Main Street between Barbara and New Streets and Marietta Avenue.
- Open to all classes of cars, more than 50 trophies will be awarded.
- Stands will be set up for food purchases of menu favorites by Bube’s Brewery, Jane’s Cafe, Gimmies, Mount Joy Rotary Club, Mosby’s Pub, Rosie’s Tavola, Two Cousins, Harvey’s Barbecue, Acorn Farms, and Main Street Mount Joy with ice cream.
- Live music by Tony Dicarluccio can be heard on the Main Street Sweep.
- 12noon – 1:00 Pit Stop Hobbies will demonstrate radio controlled vehicles in the parking lot across from Wachovia Bank. (I wonder if there will be any drones?!)
- New this year is a Pin-Up Contest with judging at 1:00 at the MSMJ table on Main Street.
I don’t usually attend happening on weekends since I’m manning the Homestead, so I’d love to know how everything will have turned out. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in and let me know your thoughts. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.