I’m close to being the happiest person in the world now that the snow is gone, and I wanted to show you a few things that have been happening around the Inn and around town since the winter weather has broken. Everyone’s been busy!
1. We hosted our first Bridal Shower at Olde Square Inn. Melissa was treated to a beautiful luncheon by her Maid of Honor Tanya and her wonderful bridesmaids.
2. Pool is open! Now all we have to do is wait for a few 90 degree days so the water can warm up. By August I’ll probably wishing for a little bit of that snow we had in March. No, probably not. Ever.
3. Grand Balcony is open! You don’t even have to wait for a hot, hot day to enjoy this lovely spot. I had just finished putting up the indoor/outdoor carpet and bringing out the chair cushions when a guest and I thought we should test it out. We relaxed with a chat and a beverage and just enjoyed the lofty view. The Balcony is available to guests until 10 pm. Love, love love this mild weather.
4. Two new shops have opened in Downtown Mount Joy and were featured this past weekend during our Fourth Friday event with ribbon cutting ceremonies. Next time you’re here be sure to check out Crafter Hours at 67 E. Main Street. Gather your friends together for an evening of creativity and “…inventing, experimenting, breaking rules, taking risks, making mistakes, having fun!”
If you’re looking for a great dress, jewelry, accessory for your yourself or as a gift for someone you love, take a look at Mayita’s Boutique at 83 E. Main Street. It’s a new women’s clothing shop where you can find some beautiful outfits and beautiful pieces to dress up the things you already own.
5. The Pig Will Oink Again! Harvey’s Main Street Barbecue was damaged last June in a fire, and I know it doesn’t look like much, but take heart: this is solid evidence of recent rebuilding activity. Can’t you just taste those melt-in-your-mouth ribs, the pulled pork sandwiches, cajun sausage, mac and cheese, corn bread….? Sigh.
Don’t forget that a night at Olde Square Inn would make a fabulous Mother’s Day Gift for your mom, auntie, your wife, a favorite friend, or you! You can book directly through our reservations page, or can give me a call at 717-653-4525 if you need any help. Looking forward to helping you treat someone special to a well-deserved break.