Look at the postcard I got in the mail the other day and check out the first April date! Have you ever been on one of these Best Kept Secrets Shopping Tours? My daughter and I did one last fall and it was a blast. Here’s how it works:
- Follow the link above to find the location nearest you to purchase your $9 ticket.
- When you get your ticket, you also get a bag full of little treats, entry blanks for prizes, coupons, a map and a list of all the places on the tour, which are like 37 stores!
- You have between April 9 and April 25 to visit the places on the tour where you can enjoy refreshments, games, gifts, farm tours, demos, workshop tours, make & take projects, and all of the other free specials the businesses have planned for you.
- You can play the Shop & Win game and enter to win over $800 in prizes or even a $200 shopping spree at one of the tour businesses you choose.
- The businesses are unique places, and you won’t find out what they are until you get your ticket – that’s the secret part!
Two of my very first guests, Brenda and Judy, booked a room the second weekend I was open and did a Christmas Secret Shoppers Tour. They shared stories of their shopping adventures and I got to see some of the things they purchased. I tried to appropriate one of their finds – an amazing carved santa wall hanging – but they were on to me. I was hoping that if I displayed it on the mantle they would forget it was there, but it didn’t work out to my advantage. Oh well.
Here are two secrets I will share with you:
- Two of the businesses are in Mount Joy very close to the Inn. What a great place from which to start your tour!
- Book a stay at Olde Square Inn for your Best Kept Secrets Tour and receive 10% off your room when you reserve directly through our site. When you get here all you have to do is show us your Secret Shopper passport thingy filled out with your name and address and cha-ching! the discount is yours.
Aside from the cool shops handing out free stuff, the other thing that makes this fun is that you get to spend time with a favorite daughter (or mother, depending on who’s telling the story) or best friend, or new friend. You get to eat delicious snacks, find unique places, unearth great treasures.
The tour is a neat weekend away, or even a sneak-out-during-the-week getaway, since it runs 16 whole days. So, hey, Judy and Brenda, as well as all of you other Secret Tour Shoppers, I’m looking forward to seeing all of the lovely items you’ll bring back for me to display on my mantle. We’ll put them up there for just a little while. Maybe longer. I’m just sayin’.